In this hour long seminar you’ll learn…
– the role of the director in film
– discovering your vision for the film
– how to plan/prep your film properly
– techniques for maximizing your efficiency on set
– learn how to get the best performances from your actors
– use of light/sound/color/angles/music to tell your story
– understanding the art of collaboration
– how to increase your skill as a visual storyteller and take your craft to the next level
Joth Riggs is an award-winning filmmaker, whose film career spans 28 years and includes well over 80 movies and t.v. series for all the major Hollywood studios. After graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Film Production, Joth got his start on his first feature film, Paramount Pictures’ Pet Sematary II. From there he went on to work on the sitcom Coach at Universal Studios, before ultimately landing at Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment. It was only after being accepted into the prestigious Director’s Guild Training Program, that Joth left Amblin to become an Assistant Director for movies and television.
After years as a sought after A.D. working on such movies as Starship Troopers, End of Days with Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Suicide Kings with Christopher Walken, as well as popular television shows C.S.I., Baywatch, 7th Heaven, and Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, among others, Joth shifted his focus to faith-based films, working on more than two dozen including God’s Not Dead 2, Do You Believe?, Grace Unplugged, Revelation Road: The Black Rider, Amazing Love, Alison’s Choice, Gosnell, The Heart of Man and many others. Joth has also directed several award-winning short films including A Stranger’s Kiss, Push, Shaken, and Heartfall along with the series The Encounter for Pure Flix Studios.
Currently Joth is wrapping up post-production on his latest feature film, Blindsided, starring Natasha Henstridge, due out in 2020, while in development on his next film, Worthy – a World War II film based in Nazi, Germany.